Subscribe to our
Parents who are in receipt of certain benefits may be able to claim free school meals for any of their children who are registered at Erasmus Darwin Academy. School meals are a good way to make sure that a child eats well at lunchtime. By claiming free school meals, parents can save time and money.
Even if parents do not want their children to have the meals, claiming them helps the Academy. The more eligible parents who claim meals, the more funding the school receives through the Pupil Premium to further support children’s learning.
Parents can claim free school meals for their children if they receive any of the following:
– Income Support
– Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
– Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
– Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income is not more than £16,190. Please note that anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will not qualify
– The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005)
– Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
– In receipt of the 4 week run on of working tax credit
Parents can apply online at http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals Further information on free school meals can also be obtained at this website address.
Parents are encouraged to make applications using the online application process, particularly during busy periods at the beginning of a term. This means that meals can start immediately upon receipt of a ‘yes’ response rather than having to wait for checks to be carried out, with a response by telephone. Queries during the first few weeks of a term should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org