At Erasmus Darwin Academy, we believe that giving students the best careers education and guidance is vital to improving their motivation to learn and help them to achieve.
As part of their education at EDA, we encourage students to reflect upon who they are, and who they would like to become. In order to complete this journey, we provide a broad range of aspirational activities, which support this exploration and the development of skills.
Our academy is committed to ensuring that students have high quality impartial advice on career opportunities, and that they progress onto appropriate courses or employment on leaving the academy. It is very important to us to know that all leavers have a plan for their next step.
Although we provide many different bespoke opportunities for our young people, we hope that our students will:
- Develop their understanding of their skills, interests and personality from Year 7 -13, and make links between these and future pathways
- Be provided with information about the range of opportunities open to them
- Have the opportunity to meet with external employers at least once per academic year
- Take part in work related activities in and out of the academy
- Understand expectations of employers and learn how to apply for jobs
- Learn how to make informed decisions about their future
- Be fully supported and guided through key transition periods
- Learn how to improve their own employability skills
We are also very proud of our Business Partnership links with employers. These employers are invited to support students in their learning through work placements, talks, interview preparation, careers fairs and work related learning events