- A member of staff will be stationed at the Co-op to assist with directing students.
- Where possible, students arriving by car are asked to be dropped off at usual drop-off point rather than walking from nearby streets, due to the potential for them to not adhere to social distancing.
- Start times will be staggered:
Year 7-9 will arrive at 8:30am.
Year 10-13 will arrive at 8:45am.
- Upon arrival students will go straight to the following places:
Year 7 – Quad
Year 8 – Courts, far side
Year 9 – Courts, near side
Year 10 – Tutor rooms
Year 11 – Tutor rooms
6th Form – Tutor rooms
- Year 7-9 will have a registration period between 8:40-9:00am
- Year 10-13 will have a registration period between 8:45-9:00am
- For Years 7-9, the Senior Team will dismiss year groups to classrooms to ensure entry to the building is staggered.
- All students arriving using the Academy bus service should move directly to the areas specified, regardless of year group and start time.
- Where siblings with different start times are dropped off at school together, they can enter the site, and should directly to the areas specified.
Timings of the Day
The timings of the Academy day will be staggered, as per the government guidance. This includes both a staggered start to the day, and the end of the school day.
- Year 7, 8 and 9 will begin at 8:30am each day, and finish at 3:05pm (2:35pm Wednesdays)
- Year 10, 11, 12 and 13 will begin at 8:45am each day, and finish at 3:10pm (2:40pm Wednesdays)
- All classrooms will be set out with desks in rows and students facing the front (as per the Government guidance).
- In line with government guidance, the teacher should socially distance from all students wherever possible, and therefore will remain at the front of the classroom for the majority of the lesson.
- Students will use the sanitiser as they enter the classroom and also obtain a paper towel. They will also sanitise before they leave the classroom.
- At the end of each session, students will wipe down their working area using the paper towel and the cleaning product available. They need to ensure that they dispose of the paper towel in the bin. The bin will need to be positioned by the door.
- Teachers will be responsible for encouraging and modelling effective hygiene throughout the school day.
- Students will enter the room as promptly as possible to avoid a situation where students line up on the corridor therefore classrooms will remain open.
- The expectations for behaviour and conduct in the classroom will be in line with the Behaviour for Learning policy and the EDA Way, in addition, staff will be explicit in their instructions that students do not leave their seat unless directed to do so.
- Students will be dismissed a row at a time to promote social distancing. The teacher is responsible for ensuring that this is done in a controlled manner. Students should ensure that they sanitise before they leave the room.
- Students must use the toilets on their way out/back in from break and lunchtime. Students won’t be permitted to visit toilets midway through a break/lunchtime, to minimise movement of students around the Academy.
- To avoid touching door locks with clean hands, students will be advised to unlock and open the door after flushing, before hand-washing OR to use a piece of toilet paper to open the door and then flush the paper away.
- Should students need to use a toilet during a lesson, a member of the senior team will facilitate this.
Movement around academy site
THE ONE-WAY SYSTEM APPLIES TO ALL STUDENTS AT ALL TIMES
- Whilst in the corridors, students are to face the way they are walking. Students are not to stop, wait or turn round to talk to those behind them.
- When accessing lockers, students must do so on their own, and remain facing the locker at all times, before turning and joining the flow of students again.
- Any students needing to access upstairs corridor to do so via doorway/staircase opposite HUB
- At the end of break/lunch – students may go up the stairs opposite Room 1 to access rooms 40, 41, 42, 54, community room, mentor room and the library.
- Any staff/students needing to access downstairs corridors to do so via doorway near SIZ/Room 17.
- To access rooms 1-5 and 23-27, the door from the quad should be used.
- One-way system will be in effect in Technology/Art block & History rooms. Entrance will always be via door near canteen queue. Exit will be via door nearest 6th form toilets (for Rooms 6-12), and fire doors by Room 14 (for Rooms 13-16).
- Upon exit of doors near History classrooms staff & students will be expected to turn left
- Pathway between Sports block and playground – Movement back towards main school building will need to be on upper pathway, movement towards sports hall on lower pathway.
- Students who cannot meet these expectations, and are deemed to be causing a risk, could be sanctioned for their conduct.
Student Movement on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays:
- At 9am, Year 7-13 are dismissed from registration and move to period 1.
- At 10am, Year 7-9 move to break areas, and Y10-13 move to Period 2 rooms.
- At 10:25am, SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 7-9 to their Period 2 lessons.
- At 11am, Year 10-13 will move to their break areas.
- At 11:25am, Year 7-9 will move to Period 3 lesson. Following this SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 10-13 from break to their Period 3 lessons.
- At 12:25pm, Year 7-9 will move to their lunchtime areas, and Year 10-13 will move to Period 4 lessons.
- At 1:05pm, SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 7-9 to their Period 4 lessons.
- At 1:25pm, Year 10-13 will move to their lunchtime areas.
- At 2:05pm, Year 7-9 will move to Period 5 lesson. Following this SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 10-13 from lunch to their Period 5 lessons.
Student Movement on Wednesday:
- At 9:45am, Year 7-9 move to break areas, and Y10-13 move to Period 2 rooms.
- At 10:10am, SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 7-9 to their Period 2 lessons.
- At 10:45am, Year 10-13 will move to their break areas.
- At 11:10am, Year 7-9 will move to Period 3 lesson. Following this SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 10-13 from break to their Period 3 lessons.
- At 12:10pm, Year 7-9 will move to their lunchtime areas, and Year 10-13 will move to Period 4 lessons.
- At 12:45pm, SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 7-9 to their Period 4 lessons.
- At 1:10pm, Year 10-13 will move to their lunchtime areas.
- At 1:45pm, Year 7-9 will move to Period 5 lesson. Following this SLT will stagger the dismissal of Year 10-13 from lunch to their Period 5 lessons.
Breaktime/Lunchtime for students
- Breaktimes and lunchtimes will be staggered.
Year 7-9: Break 10am to 10:25am, Lunch 12:25-1:05pm
Year 10-13: Break 11am to 11:25am, Lunch 1:25-2:05pm
- Students will go straight to their designated year group areas:
Year 7 – Quad (Canteen for wet weather)
Year 8 – Courts, far side (Dance Studio for wet weather)
Year 9 – Courts, near side (Sports Hall for wet weather)
Year 10 – Courts (Dance Studio for wet weather)
Year 11 – Quad (Canteen for wet weather)
Year 12 – 6th form Common Room
Year 13 – 6th form Workroom
- At the end of their breaktime, SLT will dismiss year groups so entry to the building is staggered. Students will then walk to the classroom for their next lesson.
Food & drink for students
- Café Erasmus will be open at break and lunch.
- The will be three separate year-group queues for entry, with one year-group let in at a time. When they have finished purchasing, the next year group will be allowed in.
- We will rotate the year group having first access each day.
- All canteen food will be ‘take-away’ to prevent the mixing of students in different year groups within the canteen.
- Normal school uniform will be worn by all students.
- If students have a practical PE lesson, they are to attend school in their PE kit.
Student unwell/demonstrating symptoms
In the event that a student began to demonstrate symptoms of COVID-19 whilst in school:
- Student asked to stand outside of classroom with belongings and a member of the Senior team will collect the student.
- Parent/carer contacted immediately for collection.
- Where possible and weather allows, the student will be taken to the outdoor quad area and supervised from 2m or more.
- In the case of inclement weather, the student will sit on the stools by the canteen entrance, where doors are open to ensure ventilation.
- Where a toilet is needed, the student will be taken to the staff/6th form toilet block.
- Site staff informed of tables/chairs & toilets students have used and “Out of use” signed place on them until cleaning has taken place
- Parent/carer informed that student must not attend for 7 days, or until negative COVID-19 test result received.
Behaviour & sanctions
- For classroom behaviour, staff will follow the Academy Behaviour for Learning policy.
- There will be no detentions during the school day, due to the staggering of break/lunchtime.
- All detentions will take place after school, regardless of the length of detentions.
- There will be after-school detention days for each year group.
Mon & Thurs for Year 7-9.
Tues & Fri for Year 10-11.
- At detentions, students will be in separate year groups.
- Staff will set detentions in student’s planner, giving 24 hours’ notice of the detention. It is up to the student to share that information with their parents/carers.
- Detentions will begin at 3:10pm, with the following timings:
Level 1 = 15 minutes
Level 2 = 30 minutes
Level 3 = 1 hour
- Students with multiple detentions will complete the total time. E.g. A Level 1 and a Level 2 detention = 45 minutes.
- Where students purposefully go against guidance for moving around the site, Level 2/3 sanctions may be may be given.
- In the event that there are purposeful incidents which pose a health risk to students and staff, the student will be isolated and parents will be contacted to collect them from school to ensure the safety of themselves and others. (Eg spitting, physical attacks, refusal to comply with H&S/social distancing requirements that could heighten the risk of harm to others).
- Following this, it may be deemed necessary to complete an individual risk assessment to review the safety of that child on the Academy site during the pandemic restrictions.
- Sixth Form Students will arrive at the specified time and enter the building through the Sixth Form entrance. Students must swipe in and out every time they come in and out of the Sixth Form entrance. If for any reason students don’t have their card, they must come and manually sign in/out (using their own pen). As soon as students arrive they must sanitise using the hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- Students will go straight to their assigned classroom as soon as they enter the building. Students are not to congregate within the area of the Sixth Form entrance.
- Students only need to be on site when they have a timetabled lesson for the first term. At times when students have study periods, these are to be used for independent study at home.
- Where a student has a study lesson or a break/lunch in-between one of their lessons, students will be permitted to use the common room for year 12 students or the work room for year 13 students.
- The common room is for exclusive use of students within the Year 12 year-group bubble and the work room is for exclusive use of students within the Year 13 year-group bubble.
- These work areas have been reconfigured with all desks facing the same way. The purpose of this facility is to allow students a space to work/eat lunch in when they are unable to get home.
- Before and after using a desk, wipes and spray will be provided to facilitate this.
- The kitchen facility in the common room will remain closed and no students will be permitted to use it.
- Year 12 students exiting the common room, leave via the canteen and join the Academy one-way system.
- Year 13 students exit via the door onto the technology corridor and join the Academy one-way system from there.
- Students are permitted to leave the site at break and lunchtime but must not congregate in groups around the Co-op and must not mix with other year group bubbles.
- Consortium students will be permitted to attend consortium provision at other schools. When travelling on dedicated academy provided transport, face coverings are mandatory. These must then be removed and hands washed upon arrival at the setting delivering the provision.
- All students and staff will follow the existing protocol for leaving the school building in the event of a fire.
- Students will line-up in their temporary tutor groups, within newly designated areas for each year group. These areas are as follows:
Year 7 – Lower field
Year 8 – Tennis Courts (Using gate at the far end)
Year 9 – Tennis Courts (Using gate at the near end)
Year 10 – Astro
Year 11 – Upper field
Year 12 – Lower field
Year 13 – Lower field
- Tutors will move to the area for their tutor group, and register the group.
- Normal Academy procedure for all other aspects of the fire procedure.
- Year 7-9 must put their face mask on when they line up
- Year 10-13 must put their face mask on before they enter the buildings
- All students must wear faces masks when moving around the building for lesson changeovers
- Students must wear faces masks when taking part in discussion, answering the register, answering a question or clarifying an instruction a face mask must be worn
- When completing independent practice or working on applying their knowledge (red pen application) as part of the lesson, as long as the students work in silence, they are permitted to remove their face mask. As students are forward facing and there is sufficient ventilation throughout the room we feel these are effective measures.
- Face masks do not need to be worn when outside on the premises