COVER CO-ORDINATOR & COVER SUPERVISOR
Grade 5 (£19,698 – £20,903 per annum, Actual pro rata salary £17,030 – £18,072 approx depending on years service), 37 hrs per week, term time, permanent
To start as soon as possible
We seek to appoint an effective and enthusiastic Cover Co-ordinator & Cover Supervisor as soon as possible, at this highly successful and heavily over-subscribed school which is one of the highest performing 11-18 school in Staffordshire and in the top 8% of schools nationally for progress. We gained ‘Good’ in our 2018 Ofsted inspection and as part of the Local Authority’s quality assurance strategy, we have gained Category 1 status, the highest category of school performance, for four years running.
The successful candidate will:
- provide appropriate cover arrangements for classes as a result of planned absences and those that arise during the course of the school day.
- provide classroom cover for teaching staff who are absent (covering short term absences and INSET).
- maintain an orderly and purposeful environment in which students can complete work set by the classroom teacher/department.
- follow the Academy’s Behaviour for Learning Policy and all other relevant school policies.
- accompany visits and field trips as required.
We welcome applications from adults who can support and engage students with good impact on their academic performance. We offer a positive school culture, opportunities for further professional development and strong support from the Senior Leadership Team.
In return, we offer an incredibly positive working environment, passionately believing that our human resources are our most important and valuable resources. Therefore, our staff wellbeing strategy is at the heart of our ongoing improvement work, meaning that middle and senior leaders are committed to ensuring that all staff are happy, cared for, listened to and professionally equipped to fulfil their role to the highest possible standard. Furthermore, opportunities for career progression regularly arise, with the Academy having an excellent record of training and developing our own teachers and leaders from within.
CLOSING DATE: 9.00 am, Monday 16th November 2020
To apply for the post, please complete the application form and return to the Principal’s PA, Mrs Debbie Westwood, either by post or email firstname.lastname@example.org